Thursday 22 May 2008

Krull

1983-Sci-Fi/Fantasy

In an age when kids believed in being astronauts, neighbors, and parents, this film was one of the most memorable tales. I remembered wrapped around a warm comforter in the living room with my auntie Janette watching this film being amazed by the believable effects and touching storyline of true love overcoming darkness (this too was a time/age where kids believed in true love).
My how this film aged.

Synopsis:
A prince and a fellowship of companions set out to rescue his bride from a fortress of alien invaders who have arrived on their home planet.

All-in-All:
Its been so long since my world has collapse in itself. It visions of great epic stories of the sad 'Spider Lady' and the tale of the 'Cyclops' which I remember to this day is shattered by the awful acting. As a child I thought the tale of a Valiant Prince who would stop at nothing to find his lost love was nothing more than a crybaby that would rather jump on a dog pile full of naked men than receive a mouth full of love from a fare maiden. My world went Topsy Turvy... enough of this, allow me to pretend the film was glorious like how I saw it in my youth.

Riko's Rating: D

No comments: