Monday 31 March 2008

Fog of War



2003-Documentary

Growing up with my mothers side of the family i have an uncle that loved to talk about war, but most notably World War 2. I could only imagine the life he must have been exposed to during those years of battle, fear, and uncertainty. To him, America was the Saviors, and protectors of our nation. It was by chance to view this film, to be honest i totally forgot about it even being in my netflix list. I forced myself to view this film hoping that by viewing this with an audience would soften the boring blow.

Synopsis:

In 2000, Mr. Errol Morris interviewed Robert Strange McNamara for his PBS series. What ended up was a feature length film about Mr. McNamara's work on WW2, The Cold War, and Vietnam. Mr. McNamara recalls situations, key decisions and reveals to the audience how close to a Nuclear Destruction we truly were if not for chance gambits, and incorrect data.

All-in-All:

If i was a teacher in High School, or someone that had authority, i would have this mandatory viewing. I guarantee that the students would be reminded the times the world was so close to Mutual Destruction. I was never in the edge of my seat viewing documentaries till now. The logic Mr. McNamara describes the situations, and the madness of human history showes full bloom on his unrepentant decisions on the Wars and lives it cost us, without having him look like the 'Bad Guy' in most angled Documentaries.

Riko's Rating: A-

No comments: