Monday 10 March 2008

The Crying Freeman


1988-Japanime
This film is legendary for me. My uncle (now pastor) Sam used to read the comic back in his youth in the Philippenes. Once I remembered telling him I was into Japanime and he reffered to this comic then realizing i was only 11years old telling me to forget about it. Yea, legendary.
Synopsis:
An artistic pottery maker named Yo had an exibition in N.Y. and discovers a roll of film negatives (eat that digital era) disguarded in one of his Vases. He attmepts to turn it into the police and gets caught by the ones in the picture, an anchent Chinese Mafia sociaty. He then is cursed to do thier bidding and every kill he makes he cryies. If the Sociaty finaly agrees upon if his work is finaly satisfactory, he will be a Freedman. Hence the title "Crying Freedman".
All-in-All:
This movie is brutal, and doesnt let off.
The plot is idiotic, and simple, alomst doesnt make sence but the action, and quality (especialy for its time) is amazing. This is worth watcing only if you are into the throwback anime 80s and if like me, you want something to enjoy and laugh out loud ridiculous.
Rikos Rating: C+

No comments: