Saturday 21 June 2008

Color Me Kubrick


2005-Dark Comedy
I love John Malkevich, and I love Kubricks movies.
I still have images of death rapes in 'Clockwork Orange' viewing the film at the age of 6. Twisted and insane, so when i've heard of this film it was one of those film that i've kept in the back of my head as sort of 'watch if i have nothing else to watch'. Upon seeing the cover in my local video store and its hilarious plot, i've decided to netflix the damned thing to silence the voice in my head.
Synopsis:
The true story of a man who posed as director Stanley Kubrick during the production of Kubrick's last film, Eyes Wide Shut, despite knowing very little about his work and looking nothing like him.
All-in-All:
This was extreamly strange, especially with the people i viewed this film with. Tomsovic/Morris/ and myself. 3 Manly Men watching a borderline gay film. The story is funny and the director was obviously paying homage to Kubrick in little subtle ways. There were moments of discomfort and awkwardness as us 3 men finished the film and kinda apologized to each other and pretended to have never remembered the film existed.
Riko's Rating: D

No comments: